Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Final Push - #1

Well the holidays are over.  All the guest have come and gone.  Had a wonderful 12 days with my sister and her husband.  We were here in Attleboro for the 5 days over the Christmas holiday, and then we all flew to LA to go to the Rose Bowl Parade.  Had a great time.  Now I need to get back to serious work to finish the project.

The Camera is having battery problems.  Parts on order.  That is a good thing.  I don't need to post pictures of my failed first attempt at the Partlett.  My theory didn't stand up.  I wired the edges by loop stitching the edges of the partlett over the wire. It sticks out like I wanted, but will not stand up, flops down.  I would have to add more wires as a support structure. With the sheer fabric all those wires, yeck.  That look would not pass my standards.  So this will be disassembled.

Working on a new Partlett.  I want something sheer, so the beauty of the material shows up, and the blackwork shows thru.  In "Moda a Firenze" on page 121 there is portrait showing a wonderful frilly partlett.  I am using this as the base for my next partlett.  I will frill trim the edges of the collar, and down the front, but I am leaving the areas to the sides without the rows of frill as shown.  (don't know what to call it but frill trim)  This will allow me to get the delicate look I want and show off this sheer fabric I have which accents the dress so well with it's pink flowers.  In order to ensure that the collar stand up on it's on (it will flop down) I am adding Buckrum to the collar.  Stiffeners were used in period.  I have used buckrum to make hats.  So why not use it to do a collar.  Just starching the collar would not be enough I think.  So an insert of buckrum should do it. 

Now to go downstairs and see if I can make this work.  All Projects in my head look wonderful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment