Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Final Push #2

The new Parlett came out nice.  It is Frilly.  The one it is based on is edged in gold with gold chains on an off white, even goldish color, veil material.  The portrait is "dark", maybe due to age.  This makes the parlett look rich.  My Parlett is white.  In order to make the collar "stand up" I used two things.  I inserted a band of Buckrum and the top has a wire.  The collar is thus free standing when worn.  It works.  The only spot I am concerned with is the width from neck to shoulders.  I may have short changed myself and I'm afraid it may pull out at the shoulders.  I can always pin this in when wearing to ensure no accidents. 

Cutting out the Chemise next.  Just finished washing and ironing 10 yards of the beautiful handkerchief weight linen I bought at Pennsic.  I have enough for several different smocks. 

A side project I am cutting out now also is a Smock Apron.  Do I have enough time to do this before Birka to present at Athena's Thimble.  Got to get off Keyboard and get cutting   

Happy Days are days spent creating your dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment