Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Bodice top

I have piped the top with a lighter rose color.  I debated about doing this.  What I have found is it has actually made the top larger.  The way I have sewed the piping on there is not a full 1/2 seam.  It looks good.  This may be a good thing.  I really did not allow for the Italian chemise I am wearing (to be made) under the dress.  Since this will be gathered and large, this will hopefully take up the little bit of extra width I am experiencing. 

The lining has been added to the bodice.  Next I piped the outer arm holes.  Then the lining was hand sewn in.  
The sleeves have been finished.  The paned sleeve heads are done.  The paned sleeves panes have  been hand sewn to the inside top of the sleeve heads.  There are three seperate pieces for each sleeve.  They fit perfectly to the sleeve heads.  Hurray, I figure and figure, and when it works you go yeahhhhhh.  I will now add ribbons for ties.  I am thinking of four ties on each bodice side. These sleeves are heavy.  I am adding rings to the inside of the bodice arm holes to tie too.  These sleeves can now be removed for hot days.

My mind is now working on the Chemise.  I would really like to smock the top, but since I have never smocked this may be too ambitious for a first attempt.  Simple gathering is what is commonly seen in portraits.  The pattern I have is from the "Realms of Venus" web site.  This style will be easier to fit to the gown. 

The other project will be the Partlet.  For some reason my mind wants to do a pure white lace partlet.  I want to do the Eleanor of Toledo Gold and pearl partlett, but feel it will not go with this gown.  The gown is Rose velvet with silver toned trim.  Will spend the afternoon looking at pictures and going to Lorraine Fabric's and imagining different finds as to how they will look as a partlet.  FUN, YES. 

The skirt needs to be done.  This will be mostly a straight forward project.  Cut panel, add gores, add trim, make Cartridge pleats, add to bodice.  Still a lot of work, by not mind bending.  I have over 8 yards of velvet left, so there will be lots of skirt.  The Bodice is strong, and hanging that much material onto it, I will need to reinforce the lower Edge of bodice some.  Maybe pipe it also.  ????  Will cross that bridge when I get to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment