Thursday, March 8, 2012

Fabric found

Well the trip to Loraine's fabric was a success.  The U-shaped jerkin will be of Medium Old Gold Cotton Velvet.  The detached sleeves also of this fabric.  The Doublet will be of a cream Damask, with a diamond pattern in it.  If I have enough fabric, a second pair of sleeves will be made.  Plan on slashing this fabric and putting deep gold/amber cabochons in between.  Have never slashed fabric, for some reason this goes against my nature.  But think I will try this.  Very Period.  Also picked up material, an off white linen for the shirt. The Gown will be lined in a dark brown, this will match the fur collar and blend the inside of the coat.  The Gold velvet will reflect nicely off it.  Also purchashed 6 yards (not really enough) of a bronz metallic trim.  The design and color are correct.  Where I will use it don't know yet.

Purchased 5 cards of Splendor Old Gold Silk Thread from Nordic Needles for the embroidery.

On a trip to Joann's saw a gold Damask in the Home Decor section which is the exact same shade as the Velvet, so I bought it for a back up for the Doublet. Also got a lot of a deeper gold shade of a silk material for the jerkin lining.

Now have all the major material pieces for the outfit.  There will always be smaller purchases, but overall the material has cost close to 300.00+.  I have had the fur for a lone time so I don't remember how much I paid for it.  I have always said the SCA is not expensive, but the toys will kill you. 

Before I start all this want to finish the Coif.  Tomorrow I will cut out the trial one and make it up.  I have looked closely at the bottom of the real coif.  I have blown up the picture, and what I took for lace at the bottom, is actually the gathered cord channel.  So NO lace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment