Friday, August 17, 2018

English Jacket


I drafted up, and constructed and English short jacket using some left over gold Linen I had.  The biggest problem I had was fitting over the bust line.  Clothing of this period does not use darts, so shaping when cutting is important.
I am not one to make something only from muslin, then discard it.  If I am going to make it, I will wear it.  I feel I am a good enough seamstress to do this.
Update:  I have taken the front seam apart and cut the bust line down, so there is not so much of a "pump" in the from.
Wearing the Jacket with bum roll.  

These shoot were taken during fitting of second Linen Jacket.  The back is too long, which is causing it to buckle.  The front is held together with safety pins, later I will install hooks and eyes.
Third Jacket.  This is a low neck Jacket. 


No comments:

Post a Comment