Friday, August 17, 2018

New Wardrobe Fall of 2014/2015



After several years wearing OK garb I worked towards making a more authentic Wardrobe.  I will concentrate on a 1500's English persona.  I will continue to refine this into a Lady from 1571.

I used as my base two pattern sources.  Ended up making, in Linen  4 Kirtles:  Blue, green, gold and red.  And two Bodices with Skirts:  Purple Bodice w/skirt,  Black Bodice w/Skirt, and 1 Tan skirt.  Also adjusted what was once a poorly made Kirtle into just a Red Skirt.  I salvaged an older Red Skirts I had made out of a stiff Cotton Broadcloth.  I use this as the underskirt for structure, also it is red (for my health, of course).  It has a modern Zipper (old Ren faire outfit) but no one sees it.  
 Added partlets and wired coifs from the Tudor Tailors. This is a blue wool Kirtle, with lots of skirt.  I wear this often when being a Merchant.  This partlet is black wool.  Made several styles of white linen partlets.  Also need lots of new Linen Chemises to wear under.
All told I made over 20 new pieces of clothing for my wardrobe.
Update:  This was several years ago.  Since then I have lost over 35 pounds.  As a result most everything is too large.  I tried taking in, but outside of deconstructing and reconstructing, nothing fits.  So I plan on giving away or selling, or Gold Keying most of these pieces, and going on another sewing spree.  Now to see when I will stop loosing weight.  Good thing I love to sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment