Monday, August 13, 2018

St. Eligius 11/2017 and the gloves

I entered my gloves to the St. Eligius A&S competition.  This event every year showcase some of the best A&S items prior to the K&Q A&S in February.  I usually enter each year in the experienced competitor level. One of the differences in this competition as to others, is we are the judges.  Instead of having a "group" of judges chosen to judge you, we get together with the others competitors in our level and judge each other.   I enjoy doing this.  I spend the day explaining what I am doing, how I did it, etc.  This year I was chosen by my fellow competitors as the best, or I won.  It is humbling.

The photo above was captured as I was explaining my gloves to this lovely Lady.  She so enjoyed my explanation, asked great questions.  As I finished she apologized that she had to leave to go to a meeting.  Turns out she was the Queen of the East.  I laughed with her.  And I apologized that I didn't know her as I don't pay much attention to that side of the Society.  I'm aware of it, but not involved with it.  She was actually delighted that I didn't know, and just treated her like I do anyone who stops and wants to learn about what I do, and not pander to her.  Lovely experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment